The State of Creative Collaboration – Hightail
With the pace and volume of content creation soaring, Hightail, the premiere creative collaboration tool for marketers, fielded its first State of Creative Collaboration Survey to understand how marketing and creative teams collaborate to deliver the mountains of original content needed to drive campaigns, deliver business results and increase sales/revenue.
Marketers and creatives reveal a “dirty little secret”
The survey shines a light on the “dirty little secret” that no one talks about — that while creative collaboration remains mission critical for success, the same-old, same-old ways creative teams work together has collapsed under the weight of the need for increased output. Over 1000 marketing and creative professionals from businesses large and small said that their creative collaboration process is too stressful, too wasteful and, dilutes the quality of the creative content, putting business goals in jeopardy.
87% agree that it is important for their organization to maintain content quality while easily scaling existing resources to meet the content demand. An ineffective, broken process is stressful, ruining team morale and negatively impacting quality of creative output:
- 77% agree the creative review and approval process is stressful
- 53% say the increased stress is a result of more people becoming involved with content review and approval
- 54% agree their marketing teams are disengaged, due to the stress
- 55% worry about meeting the increasing demand for more, high-quality content.
- More than 50% say all parts of their creative development process are problematic
It’s not “just” a marketing problem, it hurts the whole business